Correct Website Analytics is the key for happier customers, greater conversions and a thriving business.
Your business website is for your online customers. It provides them with all the information about your products and services.
But how do you get information about customers to boost your business? You need to tap into the analytics of how many customers visited your site, what time did they visit, how much time did they spend on each page, what engaged them the most, how did they learn about your website, location of their computer and what were they looking for.
Enter Website Analyics
It is the data collection and analytics of the likes, dislikes and habits of your website visitors so that you can serve them better and grow your business. Its simple. If you know and give them what they want, they will give you what you want.
Let’s look at the benefits of Website Analytics a little in detail
- You can measure your web traffic accurately- Website Analytics helps you to measure how many people are visiting your website, where they are coming from (which search engines, emails, social media or display ads) and which key words they used to search for your products and services. So, you know which channel you have to focus on and invest for your business.
- Gives you a peep into the analytics of the individual journey of your visitors-How many times they visited your website, how much time they spent and how many times they returned. This lets you know what is engaging the customers on your website, so you can highlight those pages and identify and improve the ones that are not engaging well.
- Website Analytics lets you track the bounce rate- A bounce occurs when a customer visits your website and leaves without any action. A high bounce rate means your customers are not getting what they want on your website. By tracking the bounce rate, you can improve customer experience and user journey.
- Track the exit rate through Website Analytics- An exit rate occurs when a customer has visited multiple pages on your website and made an exit. Exit from a thank-you page is fine, but if the other pages are recording a high exit rate then its time for you investigate those pages and optimize them.
- Analytics enables you to optimize your marketing campaigns-the URL from Google, lets you create a custom tracking code for the links to your website. This gives you the valuable information as to which of your marketing campaigns are performing well and gives you insights into what is working and what is not.
- Understand market trends- you can learn about current market trends and demands based on the geographical location of your customers with Website Analytics. This helps you to address the requirements of your customers better.
This is how you measure Website Analytics
There are 6 key metrics you need to focus on while measuring analytics on your website.
- 1. Number of visitors.
- 2. Bounce rate (total bounces divided by total visits).
- 3. Average time spent on the page.
- 4. Click through rate.
- 5. Progress made towards the goals.
- 6. Rate of conversion.
With the right kind of analytics, you can attract more visitors, retain existing ones and increase your conversion rate. To achieve that, it’s important to keep certain techniques and methodologies in mind to use this technology optimally.
These are the best practices to follow for website Analytics
- Identify what you want from your website and understand your micro and macro conversions in analytics.
- Once you know your objectives, design your strategy and its implementation accordingly.
- Investigate and examine your website data from time to time for accurate Website Analytics.
- After data collection, identify the strong and weak areas of your website.
- Formulate clear reports at regular intervals about how your website is performing and what needs to be worked upon.
The role of Google Analytics in Website Analyics
On a basic level,
- You can identify your popular pages, and how visitors are getting there.
- You can compare spikes in traffic against the performance of your marketing campaigns.
- You can record new visitors against the returning ones, and how your website is performing on mobile devices.
- You can set conversion goals depending on the available data. (pageviews, time spent on the site etc)
On an advanced level for more complex websites,
- Google Analytics allows you to create advanced dashboards for faster access of important metrics and facilitates automated email delivery to your team.
- It defines segments and enables you to narrow down your reporting to showcase the key demographics. This is helpful if you need data pertaining to a particular set of customers.
- It allows you to add filters in your administrator settings to exclude internal IP addresses and various sources of traffic from being recorded.
- You can add tracking codes to your campaign traffic to differentiate between ad buys and creative designs.
Google Tag Manager allows you to easily add tags and tracking codes to your website giving your great insights into your data. All the benefits of Google Analytics become much simpler and smoother when implemented via Google Tag Manager.
The other smart Website Analytics tools are:
- Spring metrics
- Crazy Egg
We have some great recommendations for optimizing your website by using the analytics tools to their maximum potential.
Try our Optimizely recommendations to load your website faster. Learn how to audit your website using the website analytics tools optimally.
We also have invented a workaround for effective website navigation and how a good hero banner can draw more traffic to your website to help you achieve more conversions.
There’s more from Nabler in Website Analytics
We help you with testing and optimization by creating an exploratory Test Charter with our team of Implementation Engineers and in-house developers, to define the scope and goal of all CRO tests. We keep testing newer hypotheses by running experiments which result in statistically significant outcomes and determine why one variation worked over the other to offer a great customer experience on the website. We help you understand the behavior of users based on the number of sessions they create, add relevant instrumentation to capture detailed customer interaction for every session and measure user engagement by categorizing users into shared characteristics.
Our Usability Testing determines the user’s ease to use your website and complete tasks through the effective use of session recordings and journey maps. You can understand who the users of the system are, what their needs are, and try to mimic their behaviour in representative scenarios to better profile your users. We also recommend continually undertaking usability testing to prevent abandonment and dissatisfaction issues. Distilled from extensive education and practice, our usability experts help you gauge the effectiveness and user-friendliness of the system, thereby helping you set the usability standards for your target audience.
To understand the problems, you face in your enterprise, you need proper analytics and Website Analytics is a powerful technology in the realm of data analyticsto achieve the highest number of conversions through your website to grow your business exponentially. Use it well.
For more information please visit – our website or write to us at email@example.com