We can help you with 3 best practices that make Optimizely work smoother and faster on your website for a better customer experience.
3 best practices to make Optimizely faster and efficient.
Run this basic checklist:
- Place the code snippet as high as possible on head section maybe immediately after the title tag or meta tag.
- Avoid pushing the Optimizely code snippet through your tag manager. Deploy it directly in your source code.
- Load Optimizely synchronously.
Set Optimizely up
- Deploy the jQuery in source code instead of using it from Optimizely
This is one of the most common mistakes that makes jQuery redundant on the website and loads additional codes from a different source. To avoid burdening the bandwidth of the visitor that increases the page load time, choose ‘Do not include jQuery in project code’ for an enhanced customer experience.
- Use pre-loaders on the page to reduce the page load time for conversion rate optimization
Pre-loaders distribute the load. Instead of overloading Optimizely libraries and the test changes on a single channel, they load the Optimizely libraries on different channels, enabling the ab testing tool to perform faster.
- Be mindful of the cache expiry time.
A cache lowers the load on the bandwidth by storing some files on the local machines. But these files expire within a short time to accommodate new changes to adjust the time in Optimizely for performance enhancement. This process of loading the dynamic changes to the pages renders them slow in the bargain. Ideally a 15-minute window is recommended by Optimizely but more than that is not a good idea.
Keep in mind these implementation tips while using this multivariate testing tool.
- Use Try Catch to avoid breaking of codes and creating a bad response.
3 best practices. A Faster Optimizely. And your Conversion rate optimization goals are free from team-based silos for an overall greater customer experience.
What’s more? You now have better insights into your website analytics for an improved CRM (Customer relationship management).