Tag Manager system is not be a very glamourous term, but the process makes it amazingly easy for users to efficiently manage and implement tags on their digital space.
There are multiple tag manager services out there, the big wigs include- Google tag manager services, adobe tag manager services, Adobe DTM services, Tealium, Signal, Ensighten. Nabler is a pure play digital analytics consulting company and we provide tag manager consulting services. So whether you are looking for a Google tag manager consultant or Adobe DTM consultant, etc. speak to us!
The next time you are curious about how prompts on social media and online surveys seem to read your mind, thank the Tag Management system which identifies each unique user behavior and forms the base for its analysis
If you are also wondering why customers are not visiting your website or there are no conversions after a certain stage, Tag Manager system will give you a reason why.
So, what are Tags and Tag Management?
A tag or a code is simply a data collecting unit which almost all marketing and technology vendors use to embed customer data on their websites and mobile apps. A Tag Management solution manages all these under one roof. If you want to classify anything that you want to analyze based on pattern or key word search, the tags are the key words and managing them effectively is a what makes a sound Tag Management system.
How does Tag Management work?
Tags act as watchdogs on your website monitoring those who come in and their behavior. If you want to deploy any tags to analyze data, you can do it without coding the same. For example, while analyzing an article, if you want to understand what the key elements in it are, you go by the tags to which they are aligned to. Since these tags are not coded, they can be easily modified, edited and even removed to suit the requirement.
Why is Tag Management significant?
For you to understand any aspect of your business well, you need to measure it and if you want to measure, analytics plays a vital role. With thousands of visitors coming to your website, it’s critical that the right data is collected and monitored to improve the performance of your website and deliver the expected results.
Here are the benefits of a Tag Management and why you need a Tag Manager
It speeds up your page performance
A sluggish site overloaded with too many tracking codes, impacts your visitors and your ability to show up in search results.
Tag managers resolve this by reducing the number of code calls the visitor’s browser has to make, from an unimaginable number to just one.
A tag manager also uses Content Delivery Network or a CDN, which doesn’t require you to rely on only one server to respond to get tags to work correctly.
Minimizes cost and effort
Deploying tags one at a time requires edits to your site every time a tag is deployed.
Tag managers require you to deploy a single line of code onto your sites. After this, anyone familiar with a menu-driven interface can deploy new tags at any time.
However, Tags fail periodically, and this can jeopardize the process of data collection and subsequently decision making.
Tag management tools are one of the ways to keep your MarTech spending in check and identify potential customers visiting your web pages.
Some of the best Tag Management Tools
Deploying the right Tag Management System to suit your marketing and technology (MarTech) is quintessential. The things to be mindful before doing so is, the suitability to your requirements, integration with other tools already being used, data syncing and collection from desktops, mobile phones and most importantly, the privacy of the user. Among the best Tag Management tools in the market, here are a few and their advantages.
Google Tag Manager – Google tag manager is a widely used Tag Management tool.
- Easy to download
- Setting it up is quick and does not need your IT team.
- Gives you a preview before the actual picture.
Adobe Dynamic Tag Management – The entrepreneurs love it.
- This Tag Management tool can be integrated with google analytics.
- It is site focused Instead of just being tag focused which means the user can trigger several technologies together rather than create separate rules.
- Setting it up is quick and does not need your IT team.
- It is on cloud and is free.
- Usually deployed for high incoming traffic websites, the marketing teams like this Tag Management tool a lot considering it gives them access to all the basic features of the tools without the IT team needing to integrate it.
- Tealium also is useful on complex requirements or multiple websites.
Tag Commander – Mobile taggers rejoice, Tag Commander is here.
- Instinctive tag building interface on the move, easy to tag and does not need too much technical expertise.
- Piwik Pro Tag Manager – If security is what is the important feature in your deployment, look no further than Piwik Pro.
- Self-hosting, opt out and do not track features on select tags makes this quite literally password protected.
Falcon- At Nabler, we offer you an intelligent Tag Management system for website performance monitoring and capturing key metrics with tag audits that help you understand your website performance through Tag Analysis, Website Analytics and Automated Insights.
- It audits and scans your website swiftly
- Generates reports that summarizes comprehensible analytics and gives you instant visibility into your website performance.
- It gives you deep insights into the pages that are missing the analytical tools, Marketing Pixels, Tag management solutions and identify the pages causing Duplicate page view and redundant Tags, to improve page performance.
- Offers performance breakdown on DNS, Server connection and TTFB level and estimated load times across the pages.
Be it Google Tag Manager or any other Tag management system to manage your website analytics or your mobile marketing, a Tag Management Solution with its tag manager is necessary to prevent the chaos around digital marketing, increase your website performance, save costs, reduce tags- and most importantly deliver consistent, personalized and real time experiences to customers across devices.
If you want to ensure exceptional data quality, we suggest you read our article on the best internal audit practices.